A huge boom in hospitality and a citywide initiative to host national-level conventions inspired the expansion of the Hilton Columbus Convention Center Hotel.
Meyers+Associates is the associate architect to Cooper Carry on the design and construction of the Hilton Columbus Downtown expansion. Once complete, the 28-story tower will become a contemporary counterpart to the existing Hilton and a companion to the Greater Columbus Convention Center through the unique High Street façade, precast concrete color, and window patterning.
Located across the street from the existing Hilton, it introduces an additional 463 rooms and 53,000 square feet of meeting space to support the growing demand for the Convention Center. Its urban location, limited building footprint, weight on a railroad bridge, and multiple points to join the buildings together all present nuanced constraints to the project.
The completed building will offer an energetic and signature destination for visitors and residents of Central Ohio. The tower will house multiple signature food and beverage destinations, including a two-story restaurant, rooftop bar, and lounge on the building’s top floor.
This highly collaborative project has involved over 30 design consultants and multiple city regulatory processes, including reviews with the Downtown Commission.
- CityColumbus, Ohio
- Year CompletedIn Progress, Anticipated Completion 2022
- Size of Project460,000 SF
- CollaboratorsFranklin County Convention Facilities Authority, Cooper Carry (Architectural Lead), Jeffrey Beers, Turner/Smoot Construction, Bray Whaler, WSP Engineering, EMH&T, EDGE Group
- Environmental CredentialsCurrently Pursuing LEED Gold Certification
- Recognition2022 Harrison Smith Award